As well as working for private clients, we can provide development control services to help manage your case loads. We are aware of the strain planning departments are under given reduced staff numbers over previous years, and also where you don't have specialist skills such as retail impact. We can help fill this gap by acting as planning officers for applications and appeals, or by providing independent advice, alongside your existing staff. 

DC Casework

Having previously worked in Local Authority planning departments we are aware of the pressures on officers given the volume of work they process. Andmore Planning can relieve some of this pressure by taking on Development Control case work on a day to day basis. We would act as remote planning officers dealing with Council department consultations on planning applications and provide the delegated or committee reports for individual cases. We have experience in all types of application including Lawful Development Certificates, full planning applications (householder and commercial); outline applications; listed building and conservation area consent applications; and advertisements.

All work for the Local Authority will be provided by an experienced and qualified town planner being a member of the RTPI. Membership details can be provided.


Appeals are often costly and time consuming. Andmore Planning are experienced in written representations and informal hearings and can act on behalf of the LPA providing reports, attending site visits with the Planning Inspectorate and defending decisions made.

Retail Planning

Having worked for two of the major supermarkets submitting planning applications with full Retail Impact Assessments we are experienced in providing independent advice on submitted retail assessments. We will have full regard to the National Planning Policy Framework, PPS4 Practice Guide and your local policies on retail developments. Andmore Planning can provide Town Centre Health Checks either afresh or updated for your emerging planning policy documents. We can tailor work to meet your requirements, and arrange household survey questionnaires and other such independent studies for your evidence base. 

Please do contact us if we could help you.